Monday, April 14, 2008

Birthday's, Birds, Blooms & More...

I know, I know... I'm a terribly lazy blogger. However, just because I haven't posted, doesn't mean I haven't been spending time widening my buttocks checking out all of your interesting activities.

Here's some highlights of what's been taking place in The Paper Treehouse...

My son (my oldest) turned 18 yrs. old...


I'm still waiting for someone to say, "But you don't look old enough to have an 18 yr. old?" Hasn't happened yet, so I guess I probably do.

My daughter (the nature lover) and I have engaged ourselves in setting up a new bird feeder...

photo by, Sarah

Which thwarts the likes of this menace and all of his greedy, seed eating, little friends... Yeah, you just try and get at all our seed now, you little thief!

Photo by, Sarah

We've been photographing and feeling grateful for beautiful sunsets at the end of gorgeous warm spring days...


We've spent time and energy beautifying our little spit of front yard...


With pretty things that will hopefully grow, despite my black thumb... I think my daughter is graced with a lucky green thumb so there's hope!

Photo by, Sarah

And because I just couldn't say no to this lovely promise of summer, I bought a yellow hibiscus to celebrate... And I'm hoping there aren't any more nights of frosty low temps.


My daughter's 15th birthday is this week so I'm busily preparing for a luau style party at the school. I hope to post some pics of that event later in the week.

I should also mention that my new'ish vacuum broke but I'll save that story for another day.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

i think the content of the last few posts is enough to keep you busy but it certainly sounds like you've had plenty of other activities as well. happy belated to your son and happy soon to be to your daughter.

4:32 PM, April 14, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I may just be the biggest DORK on the face of the earth...it took me a month of you leaving comments on my blog to realize that if I click on your name, lo and behold--you have a blog of your own! Not the sharpest tool in the shed, I know. Anyway, love your pictures & your home looks beautiful--I love the post about your dad too...thanks for coming back to my site (even though I'm a moron.)

10:36 AM, April 17, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

You know Lime, You're right! Thanks!

Christy, you're not a dork at all! It takes time to figure this whole blogging thing out! My son still rolls his eyes at me in frustration as he watches the way I navigate my way around the internet... Apparently there's much faster ways of achieving the movement between links but I'm too big of a 'dork' as you say, to know how. Besides, I don't blog to be a part of some popularity contest ie. winning the most comments, I blog because I enjoy the opportunity to stretch myself as a writer... True, I'm not very flexible but it's fun to look back on the events that I write about and be able to remember them more clearly because I took the time to do so.

I won't deny though, that it is fun to have people, complete strangers, somehow, in an odd way, becoming far-away friends, add their 2 cents to my scratchings... So thanks for stopping by! :-)

1:24 PM, April 18, 2008  
Blogger Whiskeymarie said...

I'm glad I'm not the only bird-dork out there. I saw a blue jay for the first time in my life, EVER the other day and got so excited I almost started hugging strangers.

And I love hibiscus plants, but it's way too early for me to put one out yet.

5:25 PM, April 19, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home