Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Baby Got a New Pair of Shoes...



My feet and ankles still aren't a 100% but I figured the best way to get them there was to stop wearing my old shoes which provide about the same amount of support as my sisters ex-husband (ie. butkus!)

Since my daughter had an appointment this morning, to visit Dr. Fabulous... Uh, I mean Dr. Perfect, the orthodontist/game show host, the two of us veered off to the nearby DSW before heading back to school.

I've probably blogged about this before but in case you missed it, I HATE buying athletic shoes! No matter how big they are when I try them on, once the cards been scanned, they're in the bag and I put them on for the first time to actually WEAR them, my feet always feel like they're being strangled. Even now as I sit here wearing them I can no longer feel my toes. It's like my feet are slowly being smothered by all that extra padding! My feet have spent the last many months lazing around in stretched out, tired old, cushion flattened sneakers. My toes like to spread out and breath, aaahhhhh! Currently they're screaming, "WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM US?"

So bare with me folks as I hobble-blog my way through life for a while... And hey, thanks Stacy for all the shoe advice. I plan to look for some of those arch supports you mentioned... And hey Stacy & Lime, while at DSW I tried on a couple of Birkenstock sandals... And let me just say that when your feet are as big as mine (9 1/2-10), Birkenstocks are SO not the way to go unless you're hoping for the title of runner-up in the 'I wanna look like Frankenstein' finals. I know, comfort over fashion, right? Sorry, but Yeti is just not my style. Thanks though!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

glad you found something you think you'll eventually be happy with. lol @ the 9.5 equals frankenstein look. whatever works for you and makes your toes happy, dearie.

6:38 AM, June 05, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting post!! Not any specific brand is my favorite, I prefer to wear comfy, flexible and durable shoes.

12:02 AM, June 06, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

Thanks for the link Justin, but I could never buy shoes over the internet... I'm much to fussy about the fit.

6:11 AM, June 06, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home