Monday, June 30, 2008

The Multi-Tasker(s)

The other night I was clicking through the blogs listed on Candid Carrie's - 'Friday Foto Finish Fiesta' and ran across a picture that struck me so completely I simply HAD to send a comment to the blogger who posted it.

This is Joe and his mom Terese at Outnumbered 2 to 1 posted his picture... Note the multi-tasking.












Now take a look at this:


This is a picture of my 18 yr. old son taken this afternoon.

My boy has been multi-tasking like this for well over 14 yrs. He's an ace programmer and an amazingly accomplished pianist. There's something to be said for this right brain/left brain activity. This playing of music while notes & chords, math & science swirl and dance around the brain. My son is completely self-taught in both his piano capabilities and his computer skills. I asked him if he'd allow me to post some of his music on this site but he's exceedingly humble regarding his talent and doesn't think it's anything special. As for his computer prowess, he's the go-to-know-it-all-guy both at his school, in our neighborhood and the online community. He's currently working with a guy in Australia to create a gaming site. This boy of ours has built websites and recently cut a cd at a local recording studio.

When I look at that picture of Joe, I can't help but be transported back 12 or 13 yrs. to the den of our old house and picture the little boy, that was my son, sitting in front of the family computer with his keyboard on a stand beside him... And it brings a tear to my eye as I realize how incredibly fast those years have gone by. Good luck Joe and keep on multi-tasking!

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

LOl...isn't that funny...

5:36 PM, June 30, 2008  
Blogger lime said...

from what you say i think your son is indeed far too modest. bravo young man!

6:23 PM, June 30, 2008  
Blogger Scary Mommy said...

That is too funny!!

10:53 PM, June 30, 2008  
Blogger Crazy Momma said...

This is great and so typical of kiddos from this generation!

I hope that Joe will someday allow you to post some of his work...talent like his is hard to come by!

10:58 PM, June 30, 2008  
Blogger Kori said...

Awesome! Very cute post.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

9:11 AM, July 01, 2008  
Blogger Candid Carrie said...

That is so cool how one mother's photograph could evoke so much emotion and memories for another mother.

It is great that you foster his natural talents. Good for you mom!

7:32 PM, July 01, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

Carrie, if it hadn't been for YOUR Friday Foto Finish, I most likely never would've seen it... So thanks for that... And I hope at some point I'll get myself together enough to post a photo of my own for FFF.
:-)

9:33 PM, July 01, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home