Tuesday, July 01, 2008

The Pounding Pavement... My Pounding Head



This has been going on in my neighborhood for the last 4 weeks... Last week it was the curb along my driveway, which necessitated finding another place to park for the better part of the week... And this week their tearing up the next door neighbors driveway.

It seems that roughly 6 or 7 yrs. ago when they put the sidewalks in around here some crap contractor used sub-par concrete for the curbs and sidewalks. I'd thank them for rectifying what could be a mess 20 yrs. from now but DAMN, my head is ready to explode with the noise of the constant rat-a-tat-tat of the jackhammer.

I guess however, I should be grateful that I'm nursing my 2 week headache in the relative comfort of my air-conditioned home. Life would be much worse if I were the one leaning into a jackhammer in the cruel summer heat and humidity... So ya, at least there's that.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger scargosun said...

Ugh! I would be in migraine central. Go get some earplugs or noise reducing headphones. Hope it's over soon!

11:39 AM, July 01, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, ouch is an understatement. That would be enough to drive someone batty!

7:02 PM, July 01, 2008  
Blogger lime said...

oh good gravy, my head is pounding just thinking about it.

10:01 PM, July 01, 2008  
Blogger Whiskeymarie said...

One of our neighbors whose back yard butts up to ours removed a bunch o'concrete with jackhammers last week. THREE DAYS of pounding. Quiet has never sounded better than when they finished.
Oh, and the really chiseled, good-looking muscle men removing the concrete shirtless helped ease my headache a bit.

7:52 PM, July 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home