Monday, August 11, 2008

And Then They Went Home & Ate Their Beret's With a Wedge Of Camembert Cheese


If you saw the 400m relay last night, the one in which the French talked smack about beating the US in the 4x100 freestyle relay? Well if you witnessed the Awesomeness that IS the US Mens Swim Team? Then I'm sure you understand the title of this post.

If you missed the 400m relay last night and the comment made by Bernard of the French Mens Swim Team, which I believe went something like this: "The Americans? We're going to smash them. That's what we came here for." I reiterate, If you missed that race? I'm sorry, but you missed one of the greatest moments in Olympic history.

Oh and allow me to leave you with this last quote from the French.... Uh, Um, Boo-Hoo... LOSERS!


"A fingertip did the victory," said Amaury Leveaux, one of the French swimmers. "It is nothing."

It's ONLY the GOLD, Baby!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I missed it but I looks like it was a great victory.
I loved your comments on my featured post and in tomorrows post and I using one. If you are interested.

8:22 PM, August 11, 2008  
Blogger lime said...

i fell asleep on the sofa waiting for the race:(

but oh yeah, it is delicious to beat those guys!

10:35 PM, August 11, 2008  
Blogger scargosun said...

WHOO HOO! I saw it live and was SO stoked! I usually would not harbor that kind of resentment but the trash talk totally changed that.

8:50 AM, August 12, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home