Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Little Black Bug Invasion or Go Ask The Internet

I'm a decent housekeeper... Really, I AM!
However, in the past week we've noticed an invasion and frankly it's beginning to FREAK ME OUT!

They're rather benign, these little nuisances. It's not like they bite or attack in large numbers, YET, that is. I should note however that they got into the box of dog bones in the pantry and burrowed thousands of little holes into them... So it would seem they DO like dog bones.

I've searched all over the internet to find that they resemble 'Carpet Beetles'... BUT, these little creatures don't seem to be the least bit interested in the carpet. They instead congregate around the florescent light in my laundry room. This could possibly be their point of entry, I'm not sure. It seems when I turn off the light they migrate to other parts of the house. Yesterday I got the vacuum out and eradicated or THOUGHT I had eradicated them. Then this morning I come downstairs and like those few pounds I lost a while ago, they came back and they increased in number.

Has anyone else had a run-in with such creatures? Should I be calling an exterminator RIGHT NOW? Or should I remain blissfully unaware that eventually these little buggers are going to multiply into such great numbers or size that before long they'll be sitting around my living room wearing little party hats, smoking, drinking and effectively turn my house into low rent district living?

I'm counting on you internet to help me figure this out.

UPDATE: I think I found my answer. Thanks Internet!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger scargosun said...

Ga! I hate when bugs take up residence in your home. I don't kill them outside but I'll be damned if they are allowed in my house.

8:49 AM, August 12, 2008  
Blogger lime said...

eesh i dunno what to tell you. that would get on my nerves. google around and see if they do any real damage or carry disease maybe. or actually, you could also call the vector control office in your county. they might be able to tell you if these things are a hazard or merely a nuisance.

2:39 PM, August 12, 2008  
Blogger Jen said...

I am glad that you got your answer, we have the plain old ants. Maybe all the crumbs on the floor might have something to do with this problem. I do sweep, I promise many times a day but there are just too many kids in this house to keep us.

7:48 PM, August 12, 2008  
Blogger Jon said...

Yikes. Those things are creepy looking. My house is infested with ants. I haven't tried to get rid of them yet, but I'm guessing that as time goes by, the ants will get cocky with a false sense of security. Then it'll be Go Time.

7:59 AM, August 13, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home