Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Waiting for my head to explode*

*Contrary to what you might think, this title has absolutely nothing to do with the election. I'm determined to keep this blog a 'No Politics Zone'

Both my daughter and I are suffering from the sinus infection from hell! I'm concerned that the next time I blow my nose my eardrums are going to give way and my mucous filled sinus cavity is going to shoot directly through the path of least resistance, spray a gooey mass across my family room and my last cognitive thought will be, "Dear god, what sweet relief!" This description has thoroughly grossed my daughter out, who is currently sitting next to me, sharing the same sickly despair but lacks my morbid imagination.

But enough about blocked-up sinuses.

Rather than make this post all about whining I'd like to share some photos my daughter and I took on Sunday at the nearby state park. I'm reluctant to admit my little girl has become a better photographer than me, so I'll just say she currently owns the better camera.

Welcome to Fall and all her Glory:

Sarah's photos: Really they're all due to her fantastic camera.

My favorite pic of the day... Wouldn't you know I didn't take it.


One gorgeous tree!

A beautiful fall trail at Lum's Pond State Park.

And here are my feeble attempts at fall photographs:

Silent summer sentinels


A reminder that Christmas isn't far away.


And in case the pine cone wasn't enough of a reminder.


Mirror of fall


Tall tales of the season

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger paedstar said...

Wow, those pictures are amazing. She is good!!!
But also, I forgot to tell you, I love the pictures on the Anderson blog of my Grandma's Memorial. Those look professional.

6:42 AM, November 05, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! The reds are so vibrant.

8:20 AM, November 05, 2008  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

WOW! you BOTH got some awsome pictures! I love the canoes! and I love the one of the two really pretty trees and the one of the red berries and the last one. oh heck, I love them all!

I hope you feel better soon...Yikes..that doesn't sound like fun at all. In fact, I know it isn't!

Stacie

11:19 AM, November 06, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

Hi Abby and thanks for the positive feedback but I just looked at the pics your photog friend took of you guys and MAN, I wanna be THAT good!
:-)

Hi Christy and thanks, the reds are my favorite too!

Heya Stacie, Coming from you that compliment really means a lot because I think your nature photography is always amazing!
:-)

6:34 PM, November 06, 2008  
Blogger lime said...

fabulous shots all. i think my favorite is the last one.

3:31 PM, November 10, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

Why Thank-ya Lime, that's one of my shots!
:-)

8:39 AM, November 11, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home