Friday, August 28, 2009

Singing It's Praises...

I've said it before, I'll say it again... Forget Tae Bo, Forget Nordic Trac and forget that overly tan, super toned, blonde haired, goofy guy with the pony tail, trying to sell you the latest fitness apparatus for your home... You know who I mean:It's just my opinion, but I think the greatest invention to get one motivated is the I-Pod Shuffle. BUT, you can't use those stupid little paddle type earbuds, oh no... You gotta use the buds that sit directly in your ear canal so NO OTHER sound but the tune of a pounding beat is blasting straight into your brain... And, it's GOTTA be a POUDING beat!

I know it might sound like I'm being fecetious... I'm not, I'm completely serious, when I say I LOVE my 'Shuffle.' I have to admit though, it's immensely difficult NOT to break into song while I'm walking... However, I figure, since I already look like a complete dufus, half-way bustin' a move as I make my way around the walking park trail, I'd prefer to not have the authorities apprehend me for the crime of being a complete asshole because I'm singing BADLY at the top of my lungs. So, instead I just move my lips to the music. I save my singing out loud for my kids at home... Yeah, they love it!

Now, every time I exercise there's ONE song that really gets me pumped. I keep my 'Shuffle'... well, on shuffle, so I never know what song that'll end up being. I can always feel that song of the day, the minute it begins to play. The SONG brings on a major adreneline rush and I actually get goose bumps (even though I'm usually sweating like a one legged man at an ass kicking convention.) I can feel my hair sort of stand on end and a smile spreads across my face, like I'm the only one in on the worlds greatest secret. I just feel sorry for anyone walking past me who isn't in my head at that very moment. Any of you ever feel that way when you're listening to your I-pod?

So when todays song began to play I thought I'd add to my blog...
'The Ass Kickin', Foot Poundin', Lip Syncin', I-Pod Shuffle Song of the Day'
Better known as TAKFPLSIPSSOTD...
Yeah, I know it doesn't spell anything... You got any better names?

Anywho, rather than list right out what the TAKFP.... blah! blah! blah!... song is, I'll leave a little hint and then you (my 3 readers) can click to see if you were able to figure it out. Sound like fun?

Okay, here's today's TAK....SS....OTD:

A tiny little thing but DAMN, this artist has a set of pipes and boy can she blow... There just aint no other like her.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Thanks for giving me a song to jam to at work! Christina actually makes a few appearances on my ipod kick butt list :) I am going to email you my pumping songs tonight - no ipods allowed here at work and I can't think of all of the good ones off the top of my head. are you partial to no foul language in your music?? just wonderin :)

Oh and we might need to set a walking date - b/c I have this little 60 mile walk coming up in 6 weeks that I have not really trained for...so I could use a good 6+ mile walk. and doing it alone with my music is great and all, but it'd be nice to talk to someone :) let me know if you are up for it - it'd have to be after Costa Rica though :) so you'll have to look at me all tan and stuff... :)

12:28 PM, August 28, 2009  
Blogger lime said...

she is indeed good for bustin a move. i enjoy kitchen dancing to her. hehehehe

6:51 PM, August 28, 2009  
Blogger EmBee said...

I'd love to see your list Carrie and yes, a couple of my favorite songs use the word F**K... I was just telling Sarah yesterday how singing along with those songs makes me feel like I'm getting away with something... Even though, ya know, sometimes I use the word when I'm really pissed.

As for the walking date... Hey that'd be great... But you know, you're a tri-athlete and I'm just pluggin' along but if you're willing to slow up a bit for me, then yeah, that'd be great! As for the tan, what? You didn't think I'd already want to kick your ass for getting to go to fabulous vacation spots without me?... Believe me, the tan is secondary. Besides, we're heading to Bethany for our annual vacation next week so maybe I'll get a little sun myself.

As for that 60 mile walk... I've got to remember to talk to Dick about how much we're going to sponsor this year and if he can get the paperwork for the company to match it again. His sister walked last year and will be walking again this year too.
:-)

Lime, Bustin' moves around the kitchen?... You and me both!
:-)

7:43 PM, August 28, 2009  
Blogger Chris said...

I carry my MP3 when running but my TAKFP list is more like Linkin Park, Prodigy, and Green Day.

If I had Christina A on my player, my boys would never let me hear the end of it:)

6:13 AM, August 29, 2009  
Blogger EmBee said...

Chris, There's are several songs on my I-Pod I should be really embarrassed about (N'sync, Mika, ABBA) but I balance it out with Green Day, Zeppelin and Boston.

However, I can understand your dilemma. Guys have to 'Man Up' to their choices in music.... Girls seem to have more leeway.

8:18 AM, August 29, 2009  
Blogger Carrie said...

ok so once you return from your trip to the beach (jealous...though...I AM going to COSTA RICA) :) let me know when you are free and we will get to walking.

that is awesome Dick's company matches! One of my friends who donated - her company matched and it is great! 2 for 1! :)

11:10 AM, August 31, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home