Thursday, June 05, 2008

A Week of Ho-Humminess...

I don't know if I'm dis-inclined to DO anything this week because it's my last days of solitude until September or if I'm just stuck in the mud-glugs. Sitting here at my desk I can look around me and see oh, about 20 or 30 things I could/should be doing... And yet, my chair has this lovely dent where my backside sits fully ensconced.

I have homework to complete for class tomorrow night but, procrastinator that I am, I just can't seem to get up the where-with-all to read or do algebra right now. Could this mean I'm depressed? I do seem to be lacking any real sense of joy this week.

I keep thinking it's because we canceled our trip out to California, which, I might add, I spent months planning. Yet when I really think about it, I'm not sure I wanted to go all that badly. Yes, I wanted to visit my sister but her family has the opportunity to visit London, which unfortunately kinda coincided with our trip. Then there's my dad and that walk in the redwoods I looked forward to taking with him. Last time I spoke with him he made it perfectly clear he hadn't the strength, desire nor inclination to even walk down the street of his trailer park... I think post heart attack depression has hit him like a ton of bricks. So the idea of traveling 3,000 miles to sit across from my dad in his double-wide to listen to him gripe, makes little to no sense. Sounds pretty selfish of me, doesn't it? I should also be wearing a sign reading: 'I'm the Pot and the Kettle really isn't all that black'... Because my dad may gripe at me when he's feeling low, but I?... I share it with the free world... Or at the very least the 5 or 6 of you who read my drivel.

Here's to a better outlook next week when flying solo will no longer be the option. Perhaps my two 'Utes' (sic. My Cousin Vinney) will toss me a proverbial vine, to help free me from this quicksand that's sucking me under.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

you can't work up the wherewithall to do algebra homework? honey, that doesn't sound depressed. that sounds perfectly reasonable to me!

sorry about the rest of the doldrums. maybe i ought to get my butt down to MD soon so we can terrorize the general area....give ourselves a lift, ya know?

2:19 PM, June 05, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

That my dear, sounds like a glorious idea! We could like, karaoke to some Sir Mix-A-lot!
:-)

4:15 PM, June 05, 2008  
Blogger Finding Normal said...

Thanks for the nice comment and stopping by my little corner. I'm off to read more of your corner...
:)

4:22 PM, June 05, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww...I'm sorry you're feeling down. You can always come visit me instead? Unless of course you wanted an actual BREAK or respite!

10:58 AM, June 06, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

Christy, Only if I can play Barbie's with the girls... You and I can drink margarita's together.

1:22 PM, June 06, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm down with that. :)

7:22 AM, June 07, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home